|Get Me to Mecca on Time|
| Season 1, Episode 16|
Number (#16) in series (139 episodes)
Jeannie and Tony run into Achmed (Jamie Farr) a huckster in Mecca when the two traveled there for her to recite some ancient words, as required at least once by genies in orders to keep Jeannie from losing her powers.
|Air date||8 January 1966|
|Written by||James Allardice & Tom Adair|
|Directed by||E.W. Swackhamer|
|Guest stars:||Jamie Farr|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Too Many Tonys"||"The Richest Astronaut in the Whole Wide World"|
Get Me to Mecca on Time is the 16th episode of First Season of I Dream of Jeannie, and also the sixteenth overall episode of the series. Co-written by James Allardice and Tom Adair, the episode, which was directed by E.W. Swackhamer, originally aired on NBC-TV 8 January 1966.
On the day of Ramdah masters must journey to Mecca to recite the ancient words or their genie will lose her powers and disappear.
- Barbara Eden as Jeannie
- Larry Hagman as Captain Anthony Nelson
- Hayden Rorke as Dr. Alfred Bellows
- Bill Daily as Captain Roger Healey
- Barton MacLane as General Martin Petersen
- Jamie Farr as Achmed
- Joseph Gillgoff as 1st policeman
- Felix Locher as 2nd policeman
- Foster Brooks as Englishman
- Owen Cunningham as American Man
- Alice Reinheart as American Wife
- Lael Jackson as Diane
- Jamie Farr, who plays the part of Achmed in this episode, wasn't the only future cast member of M*A*S*H to make an appearance on the show. Mike Farrell, who played Captain B.J. Hunnicutt, also made an appearance as an Air Force major in Part 3. of the four-parter story arc "Genie, Genie Who's Got the Genie (Part 4)".
- Jamie Farr, of course, would later play the cross dressing Corporal Max Klinger on M*A*S*H, which also featured Wayne Rogers, who would take over the role of Tony Nelson from Larry Hagman in the I Dream of Jeannie reunion movie.