|Is There an Extra Genie in the House?|
| Season 1, Episode 18|
Number (#18) in series (139 episodes)
Roger thinks that two stage magicians, Arnie and Myrt, are his own two genies.
|Air date||22 January 1966|
|Written by||Charles Tannen|
|Directed by||Hal Cooper|
|Guest stars:||Bernard Fox|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"The Richest Astronaut in the Whole Wide World"||"Never Try to Outsmart a Genie"|
Is There an Extra Genie in the House? is the eighteenth episode of First Season of I Dream of Jeannie, and the eighteenth overall series episode. Written by Charles Tannen, the episode, which was directed by Hal Cooper, originally aired on NBC-TV on 22 January 1966.
Roger thinks that the married couple who sublets his apartment, Arnie and Myrt, two stage magicians, are his own two genies.
Roger keeps Sheila, Dr. Bellows' niece, out long past her uncle's curfew. Dr. Bellows tells Roger he is assigning him to a remote island. Tony forbids Jeannie to call on a cousin from Baghdad to help Roger. Certain Roger has gone for a month, Mr. Billings, the manager of his apartment house, allows Arnie Conway, a magician, and his wife, Myrt, to use the apartment in Roger 's absence. When Roger returns and sees the Conways rehearsing a routine in oriental costume, he is sure, Jeannie has brought her relatives to help him. Then Dr. Bellows tells Roger he is not sending him away. Tony is also sure Jeannie's cousins are helping Roger. Roger, confident of his newfound power, tells Sheila he'll make her uncle head of the medical department and get her a mink coat. Although Jeannie tells Roger Myrt is not her cousin, Roger calls Bellows and tells him he'll get him the position he's been working for. Myrt and Arnie, having had enough of the kooky situation, decide to leave. They tell Tony they are not genies and he apologizes to Jeannie. Just as Bellows is telling Roger something must be done about his mental condition, Bellows receives word of his appointment. Roger's elation fades when he realizes that without the help of his departed genies, he'll have to pay for Sheila's mink coat himself. Just as Bellows is telling Roger something must be done about his mental condition, Bellows receives word of his appointment. Roger's elation fades when he realizes that without the help of his departed genies, he'll have to pay for Sheila's mink coat himself.
- Barbara Eden as Jeannie
- Larry Hagman as Captain Anthony Nelson
- Hayden Rorke as Dr. Alfred Bellows
- Bill Daily as Captain Roger Healey
- Bernard Fox as Arnie the Great
- Emmaline Henry as Myrt, Arnie's wife
- Judy Cardre as Sheila Bellows (Dr. Bellows's niece)
- Herbie Faye as Mr. Billings (uncredited)
- Emmaline Henry makes her first appearance on the series in this episode. She would become a cast regular the very next season as Amanda Bellows, Dr. Bellows's wife.
- Before taking the role of Amanda Bellows, Emmaline Henry appeared in this episode as a magician's assistant (the magician was played by Bernard Fox, "Dr. Bombay" from Bewitched (1964)).