|The Lady in the Bottle|
| Season 1, Episode 1|
Number (#1) in series (139 episodes)
U.S. Air Force CAPT Anthony "Tony" Nelson meets his "Jeannie" for the first time in the series premiere episode "The Lady in the Bottle" at the start of Season 1.
|Air date||September 18, 1965|
|Country/Language||USA / English|
|Written by||Sidney Sheldon|
|Directed by||Gene Nelson|
|Guest stars:||Philip Ober|
|IMDB||The Lady in the Bottle|
|← Previous||Next →|
|N/A, Series pilot||"My Hero?"|
The Lady in the Bottle is the first episode of the First Season of I Dream of Jeannie. Directed by Gene Nelson, the episode, which was written by series creator Sidney Sheldon, made its world premiere on NBC-TV on September 18, 1965.
When a space mission goes off course, astronaut Captain Tony Nelson finds himself deserted on a tropical island. There, he finds a gorgeous 2,000-year-old bottle on the sand and he unwittingly releases the beautiful genie named Jeannie.
American astronaut Tony Nelson splashes down near a deserted island and finds a bottle that contains a beautiful genie named Jeannie. After helping him get rescued he sets her free, but she prefers to come home with him. Besides she is very much in love with her handsome master and she will grant his every wish or desire no matter how much trouble he gets in.
- Barbara Eden as Jeannie
- Larry Hagman as Captain Anthony Nelson
- Hayden Rorke as Dr. Alfred Bellows
- Bill Daily as Captain Roger Healey
- Philip Ober as Gen. Wingard Stone
- Karen Sharpe as Melissa Stone
- Don Dubbins as Lt. Pete Conway, USNR
- Baynes Barron as Commander Ben Roberts
- Joe Higgins as Second Garbage Man
- Richard Reeves as First Garbage Man (Charlie)
- Warren Kemmerling as Husband
- Patricia Scott as Wife
- NASA's uniforms are brown in version color and DVD.