|The Mod Party|
| Season Two, Episode 31|
Number (#61) in series (139 episodes)
Roger decides to hold a "mod" party and invites Tony and Jeannie in "The Mod Party" in Season 2.
|Air date||24 April 1967|
|Written by||Douglas M. Dick (story) |
Peggy Chantler Dick (story and teleplay)
|Directed by||Claudio Guzmán|
|Guest stars:||Dabney Coleman|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"My Master, the Swinging Bachelor"|| "Fly Me to the Moon"|
(Season 3 premiere)
The Mod Party is the thirty-first and season ending episode of Season 2 of I Dream of Jeannie, and the 61st overall episode of the series. Co-written by the husband/wife writing team of Douglas and Peggy Chantler Dick, and directed by Claudio Guzman, it originally aired 24 April 1967 on NBC-TV.
Roger decides to hold a "mod" party and invites Tony and Jeannie. They forget it conflicts with a meeting Dr. Bellows set up, and tell him they will be hunting. Mrs. Bellows finds out about the party when Jeannie goes to buy a dress. When Dr. and Mrs. Bellows go to the party to confront Tony and Roger, Jeannie blinks them into Roman hunting outfits and they end up camping in the rain.
- Barbara Eden as Jeannie / Jeannie II
- Larry Hagman as Major Anthony Nelson
- Hayden Rorke as Dr. Alfred Bellows
- Bill Daily as Major Roger Healey
- Emmaline Henry as Amanda Bellows
- Dabney Coleman as Captain Yardley
- Hilary Thompson as 1st Girl (as Hilarie Thompson)
- Cathleen Cordell as Saleslady
- Hollis Morrison as Porky
- Paul Potash as Man with Guitar
- Mason Curry as Salesman
- Sue Williamson as Maureen
- Laurance Hall as Charley
- Judy-Ann Jones as Anne
- The episode's title refers to the mod or MODernist subculture that originated in London, England in the late 1950s and peaked in the early to mid 1960s that was typified by fashion, pop music and British beat music.
- In the opening scene, the next door neighbor is holding red roses. After a camera change, he is holding yellow roses.
- In the opening scene, when Tony is pulling the car out of the garage, the car stops short before Jeannie blinks herself onto the hood of the car.
- In one scene, Tony and Roger are "hunting" in skirts that Jeannie blinks up for them. Tony ends up hanging upside down revealing striped underpants. Back at the party, he is dancing and his skirt flips up showing solid underpants.
- When Jeannie and Tony come near the door, the picture on the wall falls down. When Dr Bellows and his wife come near the door the picture is back upon the wall and then falls down again.